Post treatment 🙂
Is it just me or has ‘skincare’ suddenly become a huge topic of discussion? Gone are the days of a basic, cleanse, tone and moisturise routine with a sporadic facial thrown in, if you’re lucky. Now its double cleansing, multiple oils, sunscreen, laser, microdermabrasion, fillers, night creams and day creams. It seems that women these days are far more educated about what treatments are available and that the health and vitality of our skin is the priority as opposed to buying a whole heap of make up to cover up ‘imperfections’.
I know that this is certainly the case for me. As I start to approach my 30’s I’m beginning to notice that the products that got me through my 20s are no longer cutting it and certain lifestyle factors (too much coffee, lack of sleep, dehydration etc) come into play a lot more. So recently when Claire from Claire Francoise Skin and Beauty contacted me asking if I would like to come in and try an LED Light Therapy treatment using Omnilux I didn’t hesitate to say yes!
Here is a little bit about the treatment, taken from the Claire Francoise website:
Omnilux revive stimulates cellular activity. As cellular activity increases cells become more permeable and responsive to exogenous factors. Blood flow increases, it gives anti-inflammatory properties as well as to help treat hormonal acne, acne scarring and leads to greater tissue oxygenation and detoxification. Skin appears clearer with less fine lines, plumped up and hydrated.
Omnilux Plus (near infra-red light) has longer wavelengths than the Omnilux revive. It has been designed to help heal the skin. It is perfect for skin scarring including acne, damaged skin and after cosmetic surgery. After a treatment using the omnilux plus your skin will feel fuller and appear tighter in appearance.
Advantages of Omnilux LED Light Therapy
- Stimulates the bodies own cellular mechanisms by photomodulation
- Not a laser or an IPL so no heat, no side effects or downtime.
- Non-invasive, safe and completely pain-free.
- No damage to sub-dermal tissue
- Relaxing and calming experience
- Allows treatment of large areas such as the face and chest
So, my verdict? 10/10. The three big pro’s for me were:
- Zero downtime and walking out of the clinic with absolutely glowing skin (as opposed to redness after microdermabrasion for example),
- The treatment itself was SUUUUPER relaxing. As you can see in the picture above, the light itself is VERY bright but it is not at all hot and after a few minutes your eyes adjust to the brightness (behind your goggles of course) and a relaxing sensation washes over you. I dare you not to doze off ;),
- It can be a one off treatment as a little pep me up or you can book in for a series of treatments to target more specific issues like acne scarring.
The only con for me was that I did have quite a significant breakout two days after the treatment. This however is common with most facial treatments (it’s called a ‘purge’) and it could have more to do with the light peel we did before the Omnilux and the fact that my skin is quite congested anyway. After the breakouts cleared however, my skin felt really radiant and youthful.
Final thoughts? I would really recommend this treatment to everyone, especially given how non-evasive it is. I’d love to have a series of treatments as I think the results would just get better and better with consistency, however I also think it’s a great ‘special event’ option for those times that you need your skin to glow! In addition to the treatment, the clinic itself is beautiful and welcoming, Claire is an absolute expert in her field and if you are a Melbourne girl I would strongly advise you to get yourself into Claire Francoise for all your skincare needs! Thanks again Claire, can’t wait to come in again soon. x