Yesterday my first-born turned two! On the one hand it’s so hard to believe that she is getting so big but on the other hand I can’t believe how much has happened in two years, (especially since we have a 9 month old as well) it seems crazy that just two short years ago we were living life without her.
I know that most parents lament getting to this stage of toddler-hood as it is usually referred to as the ‘Terrible Twos’ but I’m actually excited. Watching Hazelle grow into a tiny little human who can communicate with me and has developed her own personality has been the best fun and I can’t wait to watch her grow up even more. Sure I could probably do without the tantrums but its all part of the package, hey?
So Happy Birthday to my little Princess, here are some of the things I love the most about you:
- Your unwavering love of : Pink, Tutus, Dresses, and ‘puppy gogs’
- That you look exactly like your daddy
- Your hair. It is SO curly that you haven’t ever had a haircut yet and I’m predicting that you won’t for a very long time. People always comment on it and I hope you grow up loving your curls instead of wanting them straight all the time like me.
- Your cautious nature. People often think you are shy but you just like to take your time to asses the situation and then join in when you are ready. Nothing much phases you but you are definitely slow to warm up.
- The two little freckles on your skin. They are pretty much my only genetic stamp on you.
- The fact that I can you anywhere, no matter for how long or what time of day. You travel like a champ, are happy to be in the car, a cafe, a supermarket, crèche, anywhere. You make it so easy for me and just adapt and fit in. A quality that I probably under appreciated until your brother came along and demanded a lot of attention. all the time. 🙂
- When you sing and dance, which is pretty much all of the time. You love to watch shows like The Wiggles and Hi 5 and then I find you singing and dancing to yourself all day long. It is the best.
Here’s hoping that Two brings a lot more pink, dancing, travelling and a bit more hair growth ;). Thanks for being the best daughter we ever could have wished for, we love you!