I’m sorry I am so behind in my blogging, the past two weeks have been an absolute blur of jetlag, hens nights, wedding prep and bridesmaids duties, my husbands birthday, the wedding and then Christmas. There is so much I want to share with you and I promise to play catch up over the next week or so, but today I want to look ahead to NYE.
I don’t know about you but I think most people are either ‘New Years’ people or they aren’t. I was definitely the former until 4 years ago when we got married on the 30th of December and ever since then our anniversary has eclipsed NYE. Each year however my husband and I spent the night in our favourite hotel in Melbourne CBD so I still get to bust out my NYE outfit just 24 hours early :).
So here are my tips for NYE:
- If you are into sparkles and sequins; barring a trip to Las Vegas, you will not find a better occasion to indulge in some wearable bling so, go for it.
- If you aren’t going to go for the full sequinned dress make sure you go big with another type of accessory. Ive gone for big statement earrings in the outfit above but you could also do a chunky necklace or a cocktail ring.
- Melbourne is notoriously iffy weather wise so be prepared for anything. This mini dress can also be worn as a tunic over skinny jeans. Have a look at this post where I styled it with simple white jeans.
- Stilettos are really fun and glamorous but if you are doing the city fireworks or a long day- to- night function you might want to opt for flats or at least a lower, block heeled option.
- NYE is a really great night to play with your makeup. False eyelashes or a bold lip can be fun ways to mix things up. A great idea is to pop into a makeup shop like Mecca, MAC or Sephora and chat to one of the professionals about easy ways to change up your look for a special occasion.
- And finally, if you want to add a designer touch to your outfit, hiring a special bag for the weekend is a really simple and affordable way to go. I was lucky enough to win a free 4 day hire from Ruby’s Luxury Collection last week and its been the perfect week for me to play with a new handbag without the big investment.
The most important thing though is to make sure you are with people you love, the people who care about you and to ring in the New Year with as much happiness and laughter as you can. It seems that for most people I know, 2016 has been a universally challenging year, so I wish everyone an amazing 2017. Thank you again for all of your support of The Mummy Style Files. It’s been an amazing and adventurous year and I can’t wait to share 2017 with you. Make sure you tag me in your NYE outfits, I’d love to see what you’re wearing and what you get up to.
Happy New Year everyone, much love xxx